Thursday, April 10

One Room Challenge: Week Two

If you missed Week One you can catch up here. I have been spending lots of time pouring through photos trying to find inspirations and new ideas for Claire's room. Also I am a little frustrated with a mystery person on craigs list who is selling this bed frame and yet they are too busy to meet up - what if somebody else gets it!?! For $80 I am going to be so bummed if it gets away.

I love this parsons desk - in fact I said I was sure it would stay in my room but I was wrong (problems of being a chronic re-decorator). You can see how I previously styled it here.  The canopy is cheap and from IKEA. I am hoping to add pom pom trim to dress it up a bit. Now let's talk about the PINK we picked out. It is Art Deco Pink made by Valspar. I should have used a sample first, but when you have two small kids who has time for such careful preparation?? I committed and it is here to stay even though it is waaaaaaaay more pink than I expected. However, despite my initial urge to vomit Claire is absolutely in love with it and that is what is most important right? Now I am trying to think of ways to tone down the rest of the room. Here is a sneak peek at the color:
The color changes depending on the time of day. It is pretty but it is not subtle. :) Well I guess I am on trend since all the decor magazines this Spring are focused on color. Now the challenge will be making it tasteful. 

I also picked out some new art for Claire's Room. 


image-1.jpg

The first piece is an impressionist painting by Sally Kelly. I  really like her use of color and have blogged about her before. Find out more about her here. The print is made by The Painted Arrow. She has so many sweet prints. Over the next week I need to paint the trim and think about the closet. I am debating getting temporary wall paper....stay tuned! And hop over to Calling it Home to see how the other linking participants are doing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments! I love your feedback :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...