Monday, February 18

Look for Less: J.Crew Jewelry - CLOSED

Special Note: I love Etsy. I think Etsy is a wonderful place that supports artists and I have often featured artists and original shop owners on the blog. The Etsy shops that I feature in this post are wholesale vendors from China, not artisans! Some of my readers have been disappointed that I featured these shops and I have considered their feedback thoughtfully and will be more sensitive in the future.  xo

Polished is giving away 2 necklaces including the venus fly trap necklace featured below. Enter to win here!
I have seen this J.Crew venus flytrap necklace popping up on pinterest and I love love love it. 
It is $98 at J. Crew. That isn't a crazy price or anything but I began searching for copy cats and discovered so many options for J.Crew inspired jewelry at a fraction of the price. 
J.Crew Inspired Crystal Necklace DIY


If you like these pave link bracelets you can find several less expensive versions on etsy. 

More J.Crew inspired Jewelry:

It is pretty incredible how many almost identical necklaces you can find on Etsy for so cheap! 
 Here is the copy cat version of the venus flytrap necklace:
SALE 2013 new necklace - Crystal necklace/ 3 color statement necklace / bubble necklace/pretty/bib necklace/pendant/Beadwork/beautiful

SALE 2013 new necklace - Crystal necklace/ 3 color statement necklace / bubble necklace/pretty/bib necklace/pendant/Beadwork/beautiful

Only $26!!! + $6 shipping or $3 shipping if you buy a 2nd item. 
Available at Lou Xinyan's Etsy shop. Or - if you want the real deal, try Ebay because they have buy it now prices that are less than the J.Crew price. 





12 comments:

  1. Love them all ! It feels silly to pay full price sometimes !
    My Blog - A Pretty Nest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crappy, cheaply made in China knock offs are all you are going to find on Etsy.

    Shop handmade, it's better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say the same thing. Etsy is a platform for handmade artisans, not Chinese wholesalers. Supporting sellers like this degrades the efforts of handmade artisans on Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the above commenters. The Chinese resellers on Etsy are hurting the true handmade culture of the site. Please reconsider.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ebay is great for knock offs! I agree with Etsy not being the site for Chinese resellers and it hurting those who truly make things handmade. While I try to buy the original as much as I can, sometimes the prices are just crazy. I scored the pave link bracelet for $20 off of Ebay and the bubble necklace for $15. Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who cares. It's costume jewelry that won't be in style in 2 years. Why spend the money?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you anonymous. I buy the same looking things on amazon for 10 bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for looking these up for so many ungrateful people!!! I appreciate you and your site!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it very much .crystal jewelry
    clear, like an innocent woman

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well...They are really pretty elegant and adorable I should say.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have bought some J crew knockoffs other places and one person had the item for $19 on one site that looked like a kind of K mart type site, and on another upscale website for $69 . She told me they were the same necklace. I know she most likely got them from China but she was an American. I got another knockoff from an American claiming she made it and it was made cheaply and most likely in China.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments! I love your feedback :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...